Guidelines on Troop events and meetings
May 5, 2022
All Troop Meetings and Special Events must adhere to State and Federal Guidance for Safe Celebrations and Events. Please click the links below to review the entire document.
Minnesota COVID-19 Prevention Guidance for Certified Child
Care, Youth Programs, and Camps (Stay Safe MN) :
- CDC indicators and thresholds for risk of introduction and transmission of COVID-19 in schools: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community/schools-childcare/indicators-thresholds-table.pdf
Troop Meetings and Activities
- Having meetings and activities in outdoor spaces where 3-6 feet of social distancing can be maintained is recommended.
- Indoor meetings and activities are allowed, following all Girl Scouts Lakes & Pines masking requirements.
- Participating in parades and festivals is allowed, following all masking requirements.
- Meeting in private homes is not recommended.
- Don’t assume the space has been cleaned and sanitized—come prepared.
- Outdoor/tent overnights are allowed with one household per tent.
- Overnights are allowed for larger events run by volunteers (day camps, encampments, program events) as long as masking guidelines are enforced.
- Masks are required any time you are indoors with children.