2018 Fall Product Program
Congratulations to all girls who met their goals by taking part in the 2019 Fall Product Program. Some reminders for troops:
- Fall items are delivered to service units November 13-15. Girls deliver products and families turn in money to the troop by November 26. Troops deposit money into troop accounts by November 27.
- If your troop had any girls who participated in the Fall Product Program, and/or adults who were your Troop Fall Product Manager AND they are not yet registered, the council will debit the troop’s account for those memberships on December 4.
- Council will debit the troop’s account for 100% of the balance due for the Fall Product Program on December 5. If your troop needs to make an adjustment to this amount, please contact your Product Program and Finance Specialist no later than November 29 at noon.
Fall Product Evaluation
We want to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to fill out our Fall Product Evaluation and let us know how we did!
Cookie Program: What's New in 2019?
What’s new for 2019? Plenty. Check out these exciting details!
Get ready, there’s a new gluten free cookie this year
- Caramel Chocolate Chip with rich caramel, semisweet chocolate chips, and a hint of sea salt in a chewy cookie. It’s DELISHIOUS! This new cookie replaces the gluten free Trios which were available the past few years. Troops will be able to order the Caramel Chocolate Chip cookie with their initial cookie order, while supplies last.
Cookie Pro Contest for girls!
- GSUSA announced the new cookie pro contest in late September. Check out the video here! Watch for an email in December, with more information. The contest opens in January. Girl materials will be shipped to Service Units with the council custom print in December. Cookie Pro patches will be available in Lakes and Pines shops.
New Payment Options for Customers!
- All girls with access to the technology will be able to take credit card payments through Smart Cookies this year. This will be handy for cookie booths and door-to-door sales. Girls need to deliver the product at the time the credit card is taken; this is not for pre-paid orders. Some troops will be participating in the Clover Pilot, which also allows credit card payments. Troops will not be allowed to use both systems to take credit cards. Credit card fees for both systems will be paid by the council for 2019.
Reduced Shipping Fees for Customers!
- Customers who make a qualifying purchase (five or more packages) of cookies through the direct ship option will have their shipping costs reduced by half. The flat shipping fee for the 2019 season will be $11.50 for each 1-12 packages sold. The minimum order for the shipping discount will kick in at 5 packages. For example, on a twelve package order, the council will pay $5.75, half the regular shipping. There will be messaging at the top of the page notifying customers about this opportunity when they order! (Discounted shipping will not apply on additional fees added above the basic $11.50 shipment charge: shipments to AK/HI will incur an additional $40.00 fee per 1-12 packages sold; shipments to APO/FPO military addresses will incur an additional $25.00 fee for 1-12 packages sold.)
Online Gift Boxes Available to Customers!
- Customers have the option of ordering and shipping a gift box of five packages of cookies. Cost: Five packages of cookies for $20.00 plus the gift box for $4.00. Each gift box ships separately in its own box; at five packages of cookies this qualifies for the discounted shipping.
Cookie Preparations Begin Now
There are a few things that every troop can do now to make sure things run smoothly at cookie time. Thanks in advance for making sure your troop is ready to go!
1. Check your troop’s roster in your My GS account and verify that all girls are registered to your troop. Only registered girls will be uploaded to your troop’s information in Smart Cookies, the cookie system.
2. In My GS, make sure there is a registered adult member designated as the troop cookie manager and that they have a valid email address. This person’s information will be also be uploaded into the cookie system.
3. Attend a Cookie Training either in person or via webinar. We encourage every troop to participate in Cookie Training whether new or experienced. Trainings will be geared towards troop cookie managers and troop leaders. Find out what’s new, sample product, and network.
Cookie Training: Save the Date
Just Added: A Cookie Training Webinar for experienced leaders on December 18. Sign up details coming soon.
January Cookie Trainings will be geared toward new troops, but all are welcome. These trainings will run from 6 – 8 p.m. For those that wish to stay, we’ll have a brief discussion on the new credit card payment option beginning at 8:15 p.m.
In addition, we will also have three Program on the Go Cookie Rallies in combination with Troop Cookie Trainings. Please plan now to attend one of these trainings.