Volunteer learning is offered in a variety of ways to best meet your unique learning style: written resources, face-to-face learning, and interactive online learning.
Girl Scouts 101
The following learning session was designed for the new volunteer however, this on-line Learning Session can benefit all Girl Scout Volunteers. This is a 45-minute, self-paced online orientation to Girl Scouting that’s broken down into 8 parts:
- About Girl Scouts – the basics
- Ways to Participate – the flexible options (troop, camp, series, event, virtual and travel pathways, plus direct and indirect volunteering)
- What Girl Scouts Do – The Girl Scout Leadership Experience, journeys, Girl’s Guides, Bronze/Silver/Gold Awards
- Mission, Promise, and Law
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Staying Safe – Girl Scouts Safety Standards
- Ages and Stages: What Girl Scouts Are Like – girl development for each grade level
- What’s Next – how to move forward with your local council; how you are supported
You can access Girl Scouts 101 on the Volunteer Resources page of Girl Scouts of the USA’s website The password is: aboutGS101 (case sensitive).
Troop Leaders and Assistant Troop Leaders, once they’ve completed on-line Girl Scouts 101 are ready for Leaders Troop Pathway Learning Session (GS201 for short)! This is an in person event hosted by our staff or experienced volunteer trainers.
Basic Outdoor Skills
Adult Learning Sessions
In addition to the courses on the calendar and on-line, we also offer learning sessions designed to enhance your leadership experience and support your role as a volunteer. We have made an effort to schedule sessions throughout the council area and hope you will plan to attend as your schedule permits. You are invited to attend any of the sessions listed on our calendar.
If you are interested in hosting a session in your area, please contact us.