Ready for the next step?
Service Unit Day Camp
Each year generous volunteers host day camp throughout our service area at parks, camps, or other locations in their home community. Day camp offers a welcoming, safe, and positive environment where girls gain confidence and build self-esteem while enjoying a fun-filled summer in the outdoors.
Day camps can happen during the day or in the evening, whatever fits best for the girls and volunteers who are in charge of the camp. Day camp can last from three days to an entire week. Day camps offer activities for girls entering grades 1-6 and leadership opportunities for girls entering grades 7-12.
Lakes and Pines offers tools, resources, and training to support council-sponsored Service Unit Day Camp:
- A themed curriculum, complete with fun learning activities
- Discounted T-shirts and Patches to match the theme
- Invitation template and registration forms
- Girls can use Cookie dough Credits to pay up to half of the cost of Service Unit Day Camp (some restrictions apply)
- Outdoor cooking supplies, such as pie irons, dutch ovens, water jugs, and more
- Opportunity to have staff attend to facilitate a Program on the Go, such as First Aid for girls, savannah Days, or Games, Songs, & S’mores.
- Planning/budgeting tools, safety guidelines, and much more!
After experiencing Day Camp, many girls are interested in going to overnight camp. We offer Troop Camp, Resident Camp, and Wilderness Canoe Trips for girls going in to Grade 1-12.